A PackageKit interface for KDE
Apper is able to manage packages, applications and updates in a cross-distribution way thanks to the PackageKit project. Providing Linux users a single application that they can learn and use in whatever distribution they are.
Hope you enjoy Apper, and please report bugs, make wishes so we can improve this application.
Well now that you decide to install it. Be careful :D no warranty is given..
AFTER INSTALLING LOGOUT AND LOGIN SO KDED CAN LOAD THE Apper PLUGIN.
(also, make uninstall #from your old build dir)
PackageKit >= 0.6.17
KdeLibs headers of Kde4
KDE >= 4.3
- $ cd Apper # where you extracted it
- $ mkdir build && cd build
- $ cmake .. -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/ # you must install in /usr otherwise KDE won't find it
- $ make
- $ su
- # make install
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 0.7.2
- Automatic Refresh Cache properly fixed
- Initial Listaller support (optional)
- Supported filter added (depends on the backend)
- KDED plugin runs on a separate thread to avoid desktop freezes