AlternC is a set of user-friendly hosting software. AlternC Hosting Software is easy to install and based on open-source software only.
AlternC includes an automatic installation and configuration system, and a web-based control panel to manage users' accounts and web services (e.g. domains, emails, ftp accounts, statistics...)
AlternC is based on the Debian GNU/Linux system ('Woody' version), and it requires other softwares such as Apache, Postfix, Mailman ...
It also contains a documented API, so you can customize your web panel quickly and easily.
AlternC was initially written in French. However, the debian package includes an English version. The translation of the project into other languages such as German and Spanish is in process. Volunteers are welcome ! (See the internationalization page). The documentation is only available in French (so far).
AlternC has been created by the system administrators of Lautre Net, members of Lautre Net and Globenet.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This is a big stable and fully functionnal version of AlternC.
· It is now compatible with Lenny and Squeeze Debian versions.
· It has been translated into English, French, and Spanish.
· A new template-based system for domain and subdomain hosting has been implemented, and many bugs have been fixed.
· A new team has also joined the project (which allowed this 1.0 release), and the 1.1 milestone is already published.