sdvel (structured development framework) separates release engineering from codebase configuration. It provides scripts that can perform software releases, and C macros and autoconf variables commonly used in managing releases.
sdvel is free software released under the GPL license.
Here are some key features of "sdvel":
· Verifying all released files have been tagged correctly. The SCM repository is contacted for this verification.
· Verifying all files include the appropriate copyright licence.
· Executing additional verification check scripts.
· Manually specifying the list of files that should be included or excluded from a source release file.
· Producing ChangeLog files or a Version Decsription Document.