A graphical user interface for the MiKTeX package manager.
It allows to view, search, install/uninstall LaTeX packages from the MiKTeX distribution on *nix. It does not replace original mpm.
1. Download the sources of the latest release
2. Untar the sources and run the setup (--record option is optional, but convenient if you want to uninstall later)
$> tar -xvzf gmpm-latest.tar.gz
$> cd gmpm-x.x.x
$> ./setup.py install --record installedfiles.txt
3. The executable is called gtkmpm.py. Just type that in a terminal to run the program. If you are on GNOME just look for the entry in the Menu under Office.
4. Later, if you want to remove the package, just run:
- Open Source software, License GPL2
- Allows to View/Modify the packages in a MiKTeX Repository
- Though I did not test it on other platforms, it should be cross platform. It is written in Python using the GTK+ toolkit
- It parses the MiKTeX for performance reasons but the update, installation and removal of packages is performed through calls to original MPM.
- Several options have been added to the command-line compared to the original MPM for convenience
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- This version (quickly) fixes problems when MiKTeX distribution is not found initially