eccvs is a tool for managing different versions of a software project.
The main objective of this project is to enable a novice user to use the version control mechanism with less effort. This can only be achieved through a nice user interface (which is always true for every piece of software).
If you have installed gtk-2.6 in a different location (other than the usual /usr), then you need to set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH and PKG_CONFIG_PATH variables. Assuming that you have installed gtk-2.6 in /opt/gtk-2.6, just execute the following procedure before proceeding to install eccvs.
$ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/gtk-2.6/lib
$ export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/gtk-2.6/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig
You need to set these variables whenever you rebuild the sources. These environment variables need to be set only when you closed your terminal and restarted it freshly.
1. Extract the eccvs distribution tarball
$ tar zxvf eccvs-.tar.gz
$ cd eccvs-
2. Configure and install the software
$ ./configure --prefix=/usr
[su if necessary]
# make install
Now, you can execute eccvs using the following command.
If you don't want to install the eccvs but you want to build and run it, you can just use the following make command.
$ make clean
$ make CPPFLAGS=-DNO_INSTALL
$ cd src
Developers of eccvs can use the "./autogen.sh" command to rebuild all the autotools related stuff. This step is needed whenever you change any of the autotools configuration files(like Makefile.am, configure.in, etc.,).[This is applicable only for those who have checked out the source code from the CVS server.]
NOTE: Currently, eccvs overwrites the already installed version of CVS binary and if you don't want this to happen then you need to set --prefix to different location.
What's New in This Release:
· New Features:
· Update - update the working copy
· Commit - commit the changes back to the repository
· Init - initialize a new repository
· Import - import a module to the repository
· Status - view the status of the files in the working copy
· Add - add files/directories
· Remove - remove file/directories
· Login - context sensitive login mechanism (pserver)
· Preferences - add/remove repositories
· Bug Fixes:
· 1175594 eccvs crashes when "Alt+Left" is pressed
· 1175592 Repository path parsing problem
· 1166448 eccvs.pot file not generated..
· 1163635 "./bootstrap" problem
· 1163619 Update operation doesn't work
· 1163615 file->quit doesn't work
· 1163596 linker error during running