XIPM simply stands for X Interface for Package Management.
For now, it principaly manages RPM but if you plane doing for example a CD for distribution with lots of tgz or other formats, XIPM can handle them through script files.
Here are some key features of "XIPM":
· Multitask data retrieving
· On system RPM package informations
· 'desc' script language for your own packages descriptions
· 'desc' exportaion from memory-loaded datas
· Install progress bar
· Easy to use interface
XIPM sources, scripts, binaries and documentations are provided under the terms of the GNU General Public Licence.
· gtk library
What's New in This Release:
· Tabs added, bugfixes. More stable version.