The X Binary Package System
XBPS is a binary package system implemented and designed from scratch.
- Packages are built in a chroot.
- Simple dependency handling.
- Metadata handling via NetBSD's proplib.
- Multiple binary package repositories.
- SHA256 checking of source distribution files.
- Built-in code to find and remove package orphans.
- Built-in code to upgrade packages.
- Built-in code to search for packages and its information from registered repositories.
- Built-in code to support INSTALL/REMOVE scripts at pre/post installation/removal of binary packages.
- Built-in handling support for configuration files.
- Support for noarch packages.
- Different compression methods of binary packages via libarchive.
- Only C code and portable shell scripting.
- The C code is extensively tested via valgrind (periodically) to fix possible memleaks. Let me know if you find one!
- It is able to build multiple binary packages from a single source build, also called subpackages.
- Automatic compression of manual pages while building from source.
- Automatic (un)registration of GNU info files in binary packages.
- Support for running multiple triggers in binary packages.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- This version contains a long awaited feature: RSA signed repositories.
- Plus the standard set of bugfixes and miscellaneous performance improvements.