Kdenlive Builder Wizard 0.9.90
Kdenlive Builder Wizard is a Kommander script created to help you get the development (SVN) version of kdenlive.
A lot is happening with Kdenlive, but stable releases can be far in between - therefore the motivation for building from the development sources.
Building kdenlive from the development versions can be a bit of a hassle, as it also depends on development versions of ffmpeg, mlt and mlt++. This wizard removes a lot of the hassle.
Simply answer a few questions, click a few buttons, press "Go", and it will retrieve or update your sources, configure, compile, and install them.
If everything goes well, you will soon have a working version of the kdenlive development version. If it fails, you will get access to a full log of the commands run, and can try to fix the problem (missing libs, most likely, but sometimes the developers also check stuff into svn that just don't compile), before restarting the wizard.
This has only been tested on Kubuntu 7.10, using Kommander 1.2.2. Please send bugreports to my email (included in the about box, make sure to include the log from the wizard). Feel free to send a success report too.
- All of the features of kdenlive_builder_v3.sh
- Very easy to use Wizard interface
- Help, tooltips and "What's this" used throughout
- Stores settings between uses
- Checks for presence of basic tools (svn, cmake, c++, pkg-config and some
- Uses the http versions of the sourceforge repos, to avoid
- certificate "problems".
- Adjust the make -j parameter after the number of cores
- Explicit option for root install
- Allow for automatic install into "dated" directory
- Allow for creating a "startup" script for the custom installed kdenlive
- Easy to follow feedback during get/configure/install, through progressbar and statusfield
- Full log of all actions, inclusive settings available directly from the
- wizard (for e.g. bug reports/troubleshooting).
- Hands free during operations: collects options initially (and, if needed, sudo password), then either run to it completes or fails.
Kdenlive Builder Wizard
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Support getting MLT from new git repository
- Support automatic checking for new wizard version at startup