Jar Ajar is a JAR-based self-extractor for zip files. Jar Ajar project can package zipped files with descriptive images and text using a graphical interface.
When recipients launch the resulting JAR, Jar Ajar guides users through the unzip process.
Jar Ajar is designed specifically for software deployment of Java-based applications. By taking advantage of the Java environment that would already be found on the user's platform, Jar Ajar is very lightweight and offers a consistent look and feel.
Packaging. Features to help you package files for deployment:
· Welcome message: supports HTML and CSS-compliant text.
· Logo & License: allows you to include a customized logo and license.
· Zip: Jar Ajar zips up your files into a self-extracting .jar file.
· Documented: instructions are built right into the sidebar for quick access.
Self-Extraction. The self-extractor means that you can install your package on any computer that support Java. The general sequence of events during an installation include:
· Greetings from your welcome message.
· Required acceptance of your license.
· Browse for installation location.
· Install the files, with feedback on which files have been installed.
· Wrap-up, including a reminder of where the files have been installed to, and the option to open a readme and launch your program.
What's New in This Release:
· This release serves as a program launcher in addition to self-extracting and installing Java programs.
· The goal is for one downloadable file to serve as an installer, launcher, and program shortcut.
· After downloading a single file packaged by Jar Ajar, users can double-click the file to install and launch the program.
· When they double-click the file again, it automatically determines where the program was installed and launches it again, no matter where the original file has been moved.