Though similar in style to CDK, Dialog is different, being a script-interpreter which provides a set of curses widgets. Widgets are objects whose appearance and behavior can be customized. There is a much-reduced variation of dialog, called lxdialog, which is used in Linux kernel configuration.
Dialog allows you to present a variety of questions or display messages using dialog boxes from a shell script. Several types of dialog boxes are implemented including: calendar, checklist, file-selection, gauge, info, input, menu, message, radiolist, tailbox, text, time, yes/no.
What's New in This Release:
· change license to LGPL.
· change naming convention in dlg_colors.h to make it easier to read, and incidentally remove the last chunk of code preventing relicense.
· add --passwordform (request by Reznic Valery).
· modify pause.c, msgbox.c to work with --help-button.
· modify formbox.c, inputbox.c, textbox.c, yesno.c to work with extra button (adapted from Reznic Valery patch).
· modify dlg_exit_label(), dlg_yes_labels() and dlg_ok_label() to allow help-button (prompted by Reznic Valery patch).
· add zh_CN.po file from http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/translation/maint/dialog/
· provide alternate interfaces for dialog_checklist(), dialog_menu() and dialog_form(): dlg_checklist(), dlg_menu() and dlg_form() (discussion with Michael Gebetsroither).
· add/use dlg_result_key() to allow binding function keys to the buttons.
· implement user-definable key bindings in the rc-file.
· modify inline cases for KEY_xxx values to use binding tables in new module dlg_keys.c
· add several DIALOG_STATE items to the rc file: aspect, separate_widget, tab_len and visit_links
· add a tab-adjustment to dlg_print_text() to improve solution from 2005/10/30, e.g., in the samples/form* scripts.
· fix an off-by-one which made mouse-selection not work for menu items past the first page (GenToo #112024, patch by Harald van Dijk).