Limited Shell 0.9.12
Limited Shell (lshell) is an application that lets you restrict the environment of any SSH user.
lshell.conf presents a template configuration file. Fields to fill by user are:
- allowed: a list a the allowed commands
- forbidden: a list of forbidden character or commands
- warning_counter: number of warnings when user enters a forbidden value before getting exited from lshell.
- timer: a value in seconds for the session timer
- passwd: password of specific user
- path: list of path to restrict the user geographicaly
- scp: 1 or 0 to allow of forbid the use of scp on a user's account
To launch the Limited Shell, just execute lshell.py specifying the location of your configuration file:
$> cd /path/to/lshell
$> ./lshell.py /path/to/configuration/file
By default lshell will try to launch using lshell.conf in the same directory unless specified otherwise.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- A minor bug was inserted in version 0.9.11 with the sudo command. It has been corrected in this version.