Gnome-Run-Dialog is a reimplementation of the panel-run-dialog.
This is a Prototype of a reimplementation of the panel-run-dialog in pygtk.
What you can do:
- run applications with Environment-Variables (eg: nautilus $HOME or LANG=C sound-juicer)
- run applications in xterm
- run applications as root (via gksu)
- run applications both in xterm and as root
- run applications with a selected file as arguement
Gnome-Run-Dialog uses the same History than the original Panel-Run-Dialog so you'll keep it.
use "gnome-run-dialog --set" to set gnome-run-dialog as the dialog opened when pressing Alt+F2 (the original one will then be available via Ctrl+Alt+F2) and "gnome-run-dialog --unset" to revert that.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· "Disc Warrior"
· configure script updated to v7.9
· moved from libglade to gtkbuilder
· improved function for loading modules
· -- (and reporting errors if failed to do so)
· use subprocess instead of os.system
· fixed a bug which didn't let apps be run as root
· improved tree