Bash Blogger 0.3.7
Bash Blogger is a shell script that generates CSS styled XHTML 1.1 static Web pages.
Keeping up a website is basically just adding new content and a bunch of small repetitive tasks, e.g. updating the archives, updating the front page, etc. Bash scripting is good for automating repetitive tasks, so this works out pretty well.
Why program in the shell instead of (Perl, Python, etc)?
You may not have Perl, PHP or any number of the other scripting languages available on your hosting provider. It's a fairly safe bet that if you have shell access to your account, you can use Bash Blogger.
What's New in This Release:
· The startup draft reminder was removed.
· Draft count was added to the main menu instead.
· The blogrolling.com code was removed.
· The syntax error that prevented ImportRSS from importing certain feeds was fixed.
· A man page was added.
· New installer and upgrade scripts were written.
· The archive functions were rewritten.
· Unsupported user scripts are included to provide additional functions not included with the stock install.
· User templates that will not be clobbered during future upgrades are now supported.
· The category sidebox is now optionally included in the sidebar.