Bash Debugger project contains patched sources to BASH that enable better debugging support as well as improved error reporting.
In addition, this project contains the most comprehensive source-code debugger for bash that has been written.
Since this project maintains as an open CVS development and encourages developers and ideas, the space could be also be used springboard for other experiments and additions to BASH.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This major rewrite and reorganization of code has numerous bugfixes and has been tested on bash 3.1 and 4.0 alpha.
· With the introduction of a simple debugger command alias mechanism, there are some incompatibilities.
· Command aliasing of short commands is no longer hard-wired.
· New commands of note are "set autoeval" and "step+", taken from ruby-debug.
· Emacs support has been greatly improved.
· Long option command-processing is guaranteed.