Relax and Recover (abbreviated rear) is a highly modular disaster recovery framework for GNU/Linux based systems.
Relax and Recover can be easily extended to other UNIX alike systems.
Here are some key features of "Relax and Recover":
· Focus on Disaster Recovery
· Modular concept
· For Linux and other Unix-like operations systems
· No external dependancies - use only standard software supplied with the distribution
· encryption (optional) - openssl ?
· Linux: kernel > 2.6 supported (no kernel 2.2/2.4 support !)
· User friendly - minimal output, use log file for error messages and details
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Integrated with duply/duplicity support. systemd support has been added.
· Various small fixes and improvements to tape support, Xen, PPC, Gentoo, Fedora, multi-arch, storage layout configuration, and serial console integration.