The Linbox Rescue Server (LRS) is a tool to centralize hard disk images, file backups, hardware inventory, Windows PCs software inventory, and remote access on a single server.
It can be managed from any PC through a Web-based administration interface, and disk images can be restored using PXE boot and Multicast TFTP, or using a bootable CD or DVD.
Linbox Rescue Server supports Ext2/3, ReiserFS, XFS, JFS, NTFS, and FAT filesystems (including Windows' dynamic disks).
Here are some key features of "Linbox Rescue Server":
· Save : PC workstation hard-disk images on a network server.
· Restore : Images on the hard-disk in case of problems (virus, file corruption...).
· Install : through the network, new OS on new PC within a few minutes.
· Deploy : the same hard-disk image and thus the same configuration on several PC.
· Inventory : and control the hardware configuration of the workstations on your network.
What's New in This Release:
· A new coherent page for administrative tasks is available.
· Lots of small bugs leading to speed improvements have been fixed in the Linbox Secure Control module.