uGNU/RTOS is a real-time operating system for microcontrollers.
Its special function is that it contains a small assembly compiler inside its code and it can be used either for free applications and for commercial applications.
uGNU/RTOS requires even software and hardware, a list of what is required follows:
- a C compiler targeted for PICs (SDCC, I suggest).
- an RS-232 serial terminal emulator (I use PuTTY, you can find a list of serial terminals for your PC on sourceforge.net or freshmeat.net.
- a programmer software (picprog, ic-prog + wine, etc...).
- a programmer hardware (JDM programmer, for example).
- PICs, to communicate via RS-232 (serial port) with your host, require a MAX-232 chip between the PIC and the serial port.
To build uGNU/RTOS, edit the Makefile, main.c where described, go to its directory and type "make". Then a .hex file will be generated in (uGNU/RTOS root)/out dir. Use the programmer software and hardware to load this file on the device.
· SDCC 2.8.0
· PuTTY 0.60 (recommended)