NuttX is an open source, 100% free and real-time embedded operating system (RTOS), designed to be usable in deeply embedded, resource constrained environments.
NuttX has a small footprint that is usable in micro-controller environments. It is fully scalable from tiny (8-bit) to moderate embedded (32-bit) systems.
It also aims to be fully compliant to standards, to be fully real time, and to be totally open.
NuttX has a small footprint, a rich feature OS set, it is highly scalable, standards compliance, real-time, totally open, and has a non-restrictive BSD license.
- Standardized stack checking logic so the interfaces can be used by common stack monitoring logic.
- Audio Subsystem and Audio Drivers:
- Ken Pettit has finally released his long awaited audio subsystem. This is a generic audio subsystem that is appropriate for the deeply embedded MCU. Current testing has, however, been focused on the VS1053 CODEC chip.
- Ken Pettit's VS1053 audio CODEC driver is now functional.
- Networking / Network Drivers:
- Add the prefix ETH0 to all PHY configuration selections. This will allow us to support to Ethernet MAC drivers with two different PHYs (identified with ETH0 and ETH1). Enabled with CONFIG_NETDEV_MULTINIC.
- Add MII/RMII PHY definitions for the Micrel KSZ8051 PHY.
- Add GMII/GRMII PHY definitions for the Micrel KSZ9021/31 PHY.
- New network-optimized, higher-performance sendfile() implementation from Max Holtzberg.
- Added a simple routing table. This table is currenly only used (1) when we need to look-up an Ethernet device based on an IP a...