LinuxConsole project can be started from CD/DVD, Hard disk, floppy disk, USB disk, or network card (PXE).
The 'console' word doesn't mean that it is started in 'console' mode, but is meant to symbolize the simplicity of using it.
This distribution is as simple to use as a games console: you can start applications without installing them. It is a live CD, and all hardware should be auto-configured at first boot.
LinuxConsole is modular: there is a common base (device detection, GUI) and optional modules for multimedia, communication, and servers.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
LinuxConsole 1.0.2009 Multimedia:
· 200Mb iso, for old computers and system with few disk space (256Mb only needed for programs, system and data)
· Kernel 18.104.22.168
· Icewm + idesk + rox filer
· Firefox 3.5.3 + flash 10 + mplayer firefox plugin
· Mplayer SVN
· Xorg 7.4
LinuxConsole 1.0.2009 CD:
· Multimedia modules
· gcompris, foobillard, frozen bubble
LinuxConsole 1.0.2009 DVD:
· CD modules
· ATICatalyst 9.9
· Nvidia 185.18.36
· 3D Games (openarena, warsow, torcs, ...)
· VirtualBox 3.0.6
· Qjackctl + ardour 2