Jari OS is a real-time microkernel operating system which runs in terms of multi-service architecture. The core system consists of its own microkernel μString, core and system services, set of device drivers launched as trusted services.
Our system is a pure microkernel and multi-service OS. All work is made via trusted services, and each service works within its own address space, and in this case Jari OS is a pure multi-service OS. Jari OS provide POSIX API for threads, files, networking, timers, memory operations.
Jari OS community looking for new project members. There are a lot of tasks: subsystems development, porting drivers and software, testing and bug fixing, porting to other hardware platforms.
Here are some key features of "Jari OS":
· Languages: C/assembly/Scheme
· Licenses: GNU GPL/GNU LGPL (versions 2 and 3)
· OS Family: UNIX like
· POSIX: yes
· Feature Notes Status
· General features of Jari OS Multitasking Done OK
· Multithreading Done OK
· Preemtion Done OK
· Real-time Done OK
· Symmetric multiprocessor support Done OK
· Generally file system is done, Jari OS has POSIX functions for file i/o. First release will use ext2 as a primary and native regular file system, but default file system will be XFS.
· Currently, we're ported TCP/IP stack and working on networking layer architecture.
· Jari OS has framebuffer console as a default output method. GUI is planned.