Jari OS 0.0.1 Alpha
Open source microkernel multi-service RTOSJari OS Open source microkernel multi-service RTOS
Our system is a pure microkernel and multi-service OS. All work is made via trusted services, and each service works within its own address space, and in this case Jari OS is a pure multi-service OS. Jari OS provide POSIX API for threads, files, networking, timers, memory operations.
Jari OS community looking for new project members. There are a lot of tasks: subsystems development, porting drivers and software, testing and bug fixing, porting to other hardware platforms.
- Languages: C/assembly/Scheme
- Licenses: GNU GPL/GNU LGPL (versions 2 and 3)
- OS Family: UNIX like
- POSIX: yes
- Feature Notes Status
- General features of Jari OS Multitasking Done OK
- Multithreading Done OK
- Preemtion Done OK
- Real-time Done OK
- Symmetric multiprocessor support Done OK
- Generally file system is done, Jari OS has POSIX functions for file i/o. First release will use ext2 as a primary and native regular file system, but default file system will be XFS.
- Currently, we're ported TCP/IP stack and working on networking layer architecture.
- User interface:
- Jari OS has framebuffer console as a default output method. GUI is planned.