iloog project is a Gentoo-based LiveCD.
Our purpose is to create a multi-purpose tool that will suit the needs of our growing user-base through a continuous ad-hoc process that follows the "release early, release often" paradigm.
Here are some key features of "iloog":
· ISOLINUX boot loader for increased compatibility with older hardware
· UnionFS filesystem support that enables you to write everywhere on the LiveCD and install extra packages
· Graphical X environment through the Fluxbox window manager (see the screenshots)
· Many programming editors and IDEs, including: Vim, nano, Anjuta, Kdevelop
· A plethora of scientific applications, including: Octave, Namd, Tinker, Merlin
· Fits, conveniently, in a 700MB CD
What's New in This Release:
· This release adds QT4 support, a 2.6.22 kernel patched against the recent local root exploit, a Pascal compiler (gpc), another IDE (glade), minor changes to Fluxbox's menu and theme, new Tango icons for the desktop, programs by Greek developers (including indywiki, jIPFire, pluto, pysmssend, and QGRUBEditor), support for via and sis graphics drivers in Xorg, and support for new revision control software like git and mercurial.
· It removes some bloated programs and replaces them with lighter ones.