Zorin OS Ultimate 9
Add it to your Download Basket!
Add it to your Watch List!
What's new in Zorin OS Ultimate 8:
- We have introduced a myriad of changes in Zorin OS including updated software, improvements to the user interface and entirely new software. Zorin OS 8 includes a simpler and more beautiful Music player app, the Empathy Instant Messaging Client as well as the Zorin Theme Changer. We have created a beautiful new Dark theme in complement to a new and improved Light theme. We have created this simple app to switch between the two quickly and easily.
- We have revamped the look of the bootloader so that switching between operating systems looks better than ever.
- As always, Zorin OS 8 uses the Zorin Desktop environment with Zorin Menu for unparalleled customization and the Zorin Look Changer for ultimate ease of use. We also include our Zorin Web Browser Manager to ease the installation of web browsers. In addition, we have now made it super easy to install the Zorin World Community Grid program in Zorin OS 8 to help humanity. Zorin OS 8 is based on Ubuntu 13.10.
- LICENSE TYPE:
- Other/Proprietary License
- OUR RATING:
- DEVELOPED BY:
- Zorin Soft
- USER RATING:
- ROOT \ Linux Distributions
Zorin OS is an open source Linux distribution, with a look similar to the Mac OS X or Microsoft Windows commercial operating systems. It is based on Ubuntu Linux, which has been declared the most popular Linux operating system in the world. It is multi-functional, flexible, and features exclusive software that aren’t available in the main edition of the distro.
Distributed as 64-bit and 32-bit Live DVDs
The current stable version of the Zorin OS Ultimate operating system is distributed as Live DVD ISO image supported on the 32-bit and 64-bit computer architectures. They can be deployed to DVD discs or USB thumb drives of 2GB or higher capacity. When trying to download Zorin OS Ultimate from Softpedia, you will be redirected to the project’s website, where you can purchase the distribution.
The Live DVD boot menu is identical with the one used on the main Zorin OS edition, allowing the user to start the live system with normal configuration, start the installer directly, test the system memory (RAM), as well as to boot an existing operating system that is currently installed on the local disk drive.
Beautiful and modern desktop environment powered by GNOME
Just like the standard version of Zorin OS, the Ultimate edition is built around the GNOME desktop environment, which has been transformed into a beautiful and modern interface, similar with the one of commercial operating systems. The layout uses a single panel located on the bottom edge of the screen, from where users can interact with running apps, launch new apps or access essential system functions.
Default applications include the Google Chrome web browser, Nautilus file manager, Noise music player, Mozilla Thunderbird email client, Empathy multi-protocol instant messenger, Cheese webcam client, OpenShot video editor, Brasero CD/DVD burning software, Totem video player, as well as the entire LibreOffice office suite. With Wine you will also be able to install and use applications designed for the Microsoft Windows operating system.
Zorin OS Ultimate was reviewed by Marius Nestor, last updated on November 26th, 2014