ZorOS rescue tools - bootable CD/USB stick
ZorOS is a bootable CD/USB that contains classical recovery programs, but localized in 7 languages: English, Italian, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Slovenian. It is "all in RAM" system, with dialog box and scripts to automate installations.
This ISO is based on 12.2 Slackware
Language is choice at boot time. Inside ISO a script to set default language and also extract devel tree (to rebuild a custom system).
Here are some key features of "ZorOS":
- Linux kernel 2.6.28 (IDE,sata,usb-storage,fs built-in)
- busybox-1.6.0, e2fsprogs-1.41.3, ntfsprogs-2.0.0, reiserfsprogs-3.6.20,
- parted-1.8.8, fdisk-1.2.1, Partimage 0.6.7-stable, ClamAV 0.94.2, testdisk-6.10,
- nmap-4.76, iptables 1.4.2, lynx 2.8.6rel.5, rsync, some script to install tgz packages
- FTP server, FTP, SSH, TFTP and Samba clients, Midnight Commander and mtools
- ZorOS boot manger to boot up 10 primary partitions per HD (new v2.6)
- full reviewed the devel tree and devel scripts
- full.img (initrd) replaced with zramfs.igz (initramfs)
- added x64 kernel and kernel modules
- new boot parameter CUSTOMZ=... to specify an external custom script
- improved USB stick boot (fast boot)
- Note: ClamAV support removed; Partimage not updated because new versions seem less stable in this system.
- New features:
- kernel 184.108.40.206 (both 32/64)
- IPtables support
- SSH server
- it can run external scripts