VoiceBuntu (Ubunterisk) is an Ubuntu based live Linux distribution that uses Asterisk and VoiceOne to provide VoIP service.
VoiceBuntu's focus is to run asterisk with no installation needed. VoiceBuntu - ubuntu itself - has built in boot prompt cheap code one can use called 'persistent'.
This feature allows the user to use VoiceBuntu's 'persistent' feature in order to keep settings on a flash disk or memory stick.
To start, just burn the ISO file on a CD-ROM then start the live cd distribution and wait until everything is ready.
Please note, that apache will start at the very last moment of the boot cycle. So you may a to wait 1 or 2 minutes to let everything load.
Once everything is prepared, start your browser and point to the IP address of your running VoiceBuntu (i.e. http://192.168.0.10).
If you have no DHCP Server available you can press 'F6' at boot screen and add additionally add the command parameter
where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the IP of your choice.
By that VoiceBuntu boots with static IP address on eth0 network device.
What's New in This Release:
· This version comes with various new features.
· Some of these are considered mature and some of them have a pilot status.
· Overall and longterm stability of the system was increased.
· hylafax, iaxmodem, and avantfax were added.
· Remote syslog can be accessed through netconsole.
· New cheat codes were added.