Zimbra Collaboration Suite (ZCS) is a groupware product that includes a web-based collaboration suite. It features email and group calendars, advanced search capabilities with date relationships, online document authoring and mashups. It provides an Ajax web interface that enables tool tips, draggable items, and right-click menus in the UI.
The TurnKey Zimbra Live CD appliance includes all the standard features in TurnKey Core, and on top of that:
* Zimbra configurations:
- Preconfigured with exemplary domain (example.com).
- Configured web server mode to use mixed-mode (SSL for login).
- Patched init script to fix minor bugs and increased verbosity.
- Includes fetchmail to support remote mail retrieval and forwarding.
- Includes DNS related packages (correct settings are essential).
* SSL support out of the box.
* No auto-updates for: Zimbra (installed from upstream Debian packages)
* Includes custom zimbra-conf script to change hostname, domain, and regenerate Zimbra related secrets.
/usr/local/bin/zimbra-conf DOMAIN ADMIN_PASS
# administrative user will be: admin@DOMAIN
* Required RAM (minimal): 640MB
* Mail DNS records example
mail 188.8.131.52 A
example.com. mail.example.com MX
example.com. v=spf1 mx ~all TXT
* Webmin, Webshell, SSH: username root, no password
- user sets password during installation
* Zimbra: username email@example.com, password turnkey