The TurnKey Ushahidi appliance is an easy-to-use, lightweight, installable Live CD Linux operating system of the Ushahidi Crowdsourcing Crisis Information app.
Ushahidi is an open source crowdsourcing application. The ISO contains Webmin, MySQL, phpMyAdmin and SSH.
Ushahidi username: email@example.com
Here are some key features of "TurnKey Ushahidi Live CD":
· Installed from upstream source code to /var/www/ushahidi
· SSL support out of the box
· PHPMyAdmin administration frontend for MySQL (listening on port 12322 - uses SSL)
· Postfix MTA (bound to localhost) to allow sending of email (e.g., password recovery)
· Webmin modules for configuring Apache2, PHP, MySQL and Postfix.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Upgraded to latest version of Ushahidi.
· Updated inithook for schema change and improved handling of salt.
· Added phpsh (interative shell for PHP) and php5-cli (generically useful).
· Upstream source component versions: ushahidi 2.6.1
· Note: Please refer to turnkey-core's changelog for changes common to all appliances. Here we only describe changes specific to this appliance.