OTRS is a Ticket Request System (also well known as trouble ticket system) with many features to manage customer telephone calls and e-mails. The system is built to allow your support, sales, pre-sales, billing, internal IT, helpdesk, etc. department to react quickly to inbound inquiries.
The TurnKey OTRS Live CD appliance includes all the standard features in TurnKey Core, and on top of that:
* OTRS configurations:
- Includes spell checking and documentation.
- Automatically install security updates directly from Debian stable (security).
* SSL support out of the box.
* Includes TurnKey web control panel (convenience).
* Postfix MTA (bound to localhost) to allow sending of email (e.g., password recovery).
* All secrets will be regenerated during installation / firstboot (security).
* Webmin modules for configuring Apache2, MySQL, Postfix and Procmail
Customer registration requires valid networking configuration (email support).
* Webmin, Webshell, SSH, MySQL: username root, no password
- user sets password during installation
* OTRS: username: admin, password turnkey
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Installed security updates.
· Enabled etckeeper garbage collection by default.
· Upgraded to latest inithooks version (adhoc re-initialization via turnkey-init)
· VMWare build: run vmware-config-tools.pl on first boot
· Amazon EC2 EBS build: support resizing of root filesystem