The TurnKey LAMP stack appliance is an easy-to-use, lightweight, installable live CD with the standard LAMP (Linux, Apache, PHP, MySQL) stack, which can run on real hardware in addition to most types of virtual machines.
It features a MacOS X themed web management interface and a new configuration and installation console written in Python.
It is based on Ubuntu 8.04.1 Hardy LTS and is designed to provide users with a pre-integrated, auto-updating, turn-key operating system environment that is carefully built from the ground up with the minimum components needed to run a LAMP stack with maximum usability, efficiency and security.
TurnKey LAMP is part of TurnKey Linux, an opensource project that aims to develop high-quality opensource software appliances that are easy to use, easy to deploy, and free. Our motto is "everything that can be easy, should be easy!"
Here are some key features of "TurnKey LAMP stack Live CD":
· auto-updated daily with latest security patches
· easy to use configuration console and web management interface
· minimal footprint - includes only minimum components needed
· packaged as an installable Live CD that runs on real machines and VMs
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Set MySQL root password on firstboot (convenience, security).
· Force MySQL to use Unicode/UTF8.
· Support CGI out of the box.
· Added php-xcache PHP opcode cacher / optimizer (performance).
· Set postfix MTA myhostname to localhost (bugfix).
· Enabled tracking in PHPMyAdmin.
· Minor tweaks to TKL web control panel.