An easy to use file server that combines Windows-compatible network file sharing with an advanced web based file manager and includes support for FTP, SFTP and the rsync file transfer protocols. The server is configured to allow server users to manage files in private or public storage. Based on Samba, eXtplorer and vsftpd.
The TurnKey File Server Live CD appliance includes all the standard features in TurnKey Core, and on top of that:
* SSL support out of the box.
* Webmin module for configuring Samba.
* All secrets will be regenerated during installation / firstboot (security).
* File server configurations:
- Preconfigured wordgroup: WORKGROUP
- Preconfigured netbios name: FILESERVER
- Configured Samba user accounts to synchronize with UNIX user accounts.
- Configured root as administrative samba user.
- Configured shares:
+ Users home directory.
+ Public storage.
+ CD-ROM with automount and umount hooks (/media/cdrom).
* eXtplorer configuration:
- Provides web interface access.
- Preconfigured admin and guest users.
- Includes vsftpd binded to localhost to provide net2ftp backend.
+ Provide users access to their home directories.
+ Workarounds permission issues with eXtplorer.
- Includes flip to convert text file endings between UNIX and DOS formats.
- Includes popular compression support (zip, rar, bz2).
* Default storage: /srv/storage
* Accessing file server via samba on the command line:
smbclient //184.108.40.206/storage -Uroot
mount -t cifs //220.127.116.11/storage /mnt -o username=root,password=PASSWORD
* Webmin, Webshell, SSH, Samba: username root, no password
- user sets password during installation
- username admin, password turnkey
- username guest, password turnkey
- Local FTP authentication is done using UNIX users
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Set eXtplorer admin and guest password on firstboot (convenience, security).