A Samba-based Windows PDC (Primary Domain Controller) server (without the Windows) which is configured to support netlogon, network attached storage for domain users, roaming profiles and PnP printing services with an example PDF printing service. Includes a powerful web interface for configuring Samba and printing services.
The TurnKey Domain Controller Live CD appliance includes all the standard features in TurnKey Core, and on top of that:
* SSL support out of the box.
* Includes TurnKey web control panel (convenience).
* All secrets will be regenerated during installation / firstboot (security).
* Webmin modules for configuring Samba.
* Includes flip to convert text file endings between UNIX and DOS formats.
* Domain controller (samba) configurations:
- Preconfigured domain: DOMAIN
- Preconfigured netbios name: PDC
- Created administrator account and added to Domain Users and Domain Admins.
- Granted Domain Admins full permissions on the domain.
- Created smbgroups (smbusers, smbadmins, smbmachines).
- Created group mapping for smbusers: Domain Users
- Created group mapping for smbadmins: Domain Admins
- Configured samba user accounts to synchronize with unix user accounts.
- Configured netlogon service:
+ Limit domain login to Domain Users and Domain Admins.
+ Logon/home drive mapped to H:
+ Synchronize time at login with PDC.
+ Default permissions set owner full permissions, only.
- Configured roaming profiles:
+ Public storage mapped to S:
+ Default permissions set owner full permissions, everyone read.
- Configured printing support:
+ Setup Point-and-Print (PnP).
+ Installed PDF printer (drops printed docs to $HOME/PDF).
+ Configured cupsys web interface to bind to all interfaces and support SSL.
* Includes custom samba-config script to change domain and set administrator password (included as part of installation).
/usr/local/bin/samba-config DOMAIN ADMINISTRATOR_PASS
* Webmin, Webshell, SSH, MySQL: username root, no password
- user sets password during installation
* Samba: username administrator, password turnkey
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Set domain and administrator password on firstboot (convenience, security).