Google App Engine enables developers to build web applications on the same scalable infrastructure that power Google's own applications. AppEngine applications are easy to build, easy to maintain, and easy to scale as your traffic and data storage needs grow. There are no servers to maintain, just develop your app and upload it with the powerful but easy to use AppEngine SDK.
* Webmin, SSH: username root, no password:
user sets password during installation
Here are some key features of "TurnKey AppEngine Live CD":
· Preconfigured CGI, WebApp and Django AppEngine application templates.
Django template includes a stipped down Django zipfile:
· Latest version of Python Django.
· Uses ZipFile to get around 1000 file AppEngine limit.
· Includes postfix MTA (bound to localhost) for sending of email from AppEngine.
· Also includes webmin postfix module for convenience.
· Includes python imaging library (PIL) for AppEngine Image API.
· Includes AppEngine documentation for offline use.
· Welcome page including useful links and getting started information.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Upgraded to latest versions of GAE python/java/gwt and docs.
· Upgraded to latest version of appengine django helper (and patched fancy_urllib bug).
· Upgraded django.zip slim down with version 1.2.3.
· Transitioned to OpenJDK (moving away from Sun Java).
· Set postfix MTA myhostname to localhost (bugfix).
· Tweaked TKL web control panel for updated examples / samples.