SuperGamer is a Live DVD based on VectorLinux, created with the intention to showcase gaming on Linux. SuperGamer is a games oriented Linux desktop operating system. It has all the normal Linux desktop applications such as the Firefox Browser, OpenOffice.org, etc., but also has a great many native to Linux games added, as well as some demos of proprietary games.
This Supreme SuperGamer version will work on both 32 and 64 bit PCs and fills a full Live Dual Layer DVD. It includes support for ethernet, wireless, and dialup Internet connections. It can run in "Live" mode directly from the DVD and can be optionally installed to your hard drive. A few key includes are 22.214.171.124 kernel, Azureus, Gparted, Limewire, Gimp, K9copy, KOffice, OpenOffice 3, Hardinfo (system profiler and benchmark) along with all the plugins for firefox with forcastbar enhanced, adblock, and blockxxx included (blockxxx is a child word and website filter which is not enabled by default as it blocks alot of stuff...almost to much).
The games (in the order they appear on the launch bar) Include:
Penumbra Black Plague
Soldier Of Fortune
Frets On Fire
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Firefox 4 beta, flash 10.2, vlc and all of the additional updated packages,
· kernel 126.96.36.199 with wireless rebuilt along with an updated wireless tools package,
· ndiswrapper updated and additional intel wireless modules, wicked updated,
· Limewire removed and Frostwire put in it's place, Soldier of Fortune was taken off
· as it didn't work with the new nvidia drivers and IconquerU game added along with the
· updated nvidia and ati drivers, fuse and ntfs 3g updated as well as ripperx and the
· addition of gogo encoder which is faster than lame. I also updated Java to 1.6.0_23