SparkyLinux is a lightweight Linux distribution based on the Debian Linux operating system, featuring the MATE desktop environment.
SparkyLinux also has a Lite version, which includes the Openbox, Enlightenment and WindowMaker window managers. It can be downloaded from Softpedia, here.
Here are some key features of "SparkyLinux MATE":
· Debian stable based
· 3 different desktops
· Supports most wireless and mobile network cards
· Easy hard drive and USB installation
· Support for English or Polish languages
· 2 versions: Lite-CD and Full-DVD
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Linux kernel 3.2.41
· MATE 1.6 updated from MATE project’s repos
· rest of packages have been updated from Debiana testing repos of 24/04/2013