SparkyLinux MATE Edition is an open source and lightweight Linux operating system based on the Debian GNU/Linux distribution, featuring the MATE desktop environment.
SparkyLinux is always based on the Debian stable branch, it's fast, simple, has five different desktops, supports most wireless and mobile network cards, support for English or Polish languages, and it is easy to install it on hard drive and USB drives.
SparkyLinux also includes a Lite edition, an E17 (Enlightenment) edition, a LXDE edition, a Razor-Qt edition, and a GameOver edition, which can be downloaded from Softpedia.
SparkyLinux is a rolling release and it is distributed as Live DVD ISO images, supporting both 64-bit and 32-bit architectures.
- Linux kernel 3.10-3 (3.10.11-1)
- All packages have been updated from Debian testing repositories as of 2013/10/05
- SparkyBackup-System one more bug fixed (thanks to The Black Pig) – updated up to 0.1.5
- e17 desktop is available as a separated iso image now and it has been updated up to 0.17.3 version from Debian unstable Sid repository
- Added Teamviewer client, Sparky APTus, Minitube, Gnote, Osmo, Radiotray and Xfburn.