SparkyLinux LXDE is an open source and lightweight Linux distribution based on the main edition of SparkyLinux and uses the lightweight LXDE desktop environment.
SparkyLinux is a free and open source Linux distribution based on the Debian stable branch. It is fast, simple, and supports most wireless and mobile network cards. It includes several editions that are available for download on Softpedia.
SparkyLinux LXDE is distributed as Live DVD ISO images, supporting both 32-bit and 64-bit architectures. It can be used directly from the live media or installed on a hard disk drive.
- Linux kernel 3.10-3 (3.10.11-1)
- all packages have been updated from Debian testing repositories as of 2013/09/27
- added Teamviewer client for remote controling other machines
- added Sparky APTus – a small, simply and lightweight frontend for “apt-get” for upgrading and cleaning up the system, installing and removing packages
- added Minitube – a lightweight video player of YouTube contents
- added Gnote – a lightweight notes
- added Osmo – a lightweight personal organizer
- added Radiotray – a very small application for listening to the internet radio channels
- SparkyBackup-System bug fixed – updated up to 0.1.4
- Brasero has been removed and Xfburn has been installed
- lxpolkit bug fixed after the LXDE and Lxpolkit updating
- e17 desktop has been dropped out from the main release