SlackPen is a Live CD based on Slackware Linux. Our current goal is to offer everything necessary to perform a complete security audit of your network, in a low overhead environment.
The end goal of SlackPen is to provide an easy installer for our other project SlackWall, a Slackware based firewall distribution. It seemed like a good idea to make the installer useful after the install, SlackPen was born.
Unlike some other live cds with common goals, SlackPen is not intended to be user-friendly (though some of the tools are). We assume that the users of SlackPen have some experience with linux, and know their way around.
Check out the Screenshots section to see how SlackPen looks.
SlackPen distribution was built using Slackware and the linux-live scripts written by Tomas Matejicek.
Here are some key features of "SlackPen":
· Slackware Linux based live cd
· Lightweight using Fluxbox, and many console based apps for common tasks such as Instant Messaging.
· Runs nicely on new and old hardware.
· Tools you need. SlackPen comes packed with a large collection of security/auditing tools no whitehat should be without.
· SlackWall installer. (Coming soon!)
What's New in This Release:
Lots of new tools
· New custom 2.6.13 Kernel
· hydra 5.1 upgraded to hydra 5.2
· ClamAV 0.87 upgraded to ClamAV 0.88
· Added Tor for anonymous web browsing
· Added the 'ToolBox' in fluxbox to launch cli apps.
· Added Ethereal 0.10.8
· Added Nessus 2.2.6
· Added wmnet and wmBinClock
· Added Host-ap 0.4.7 (SlackPen is pre-configured for use with prism2 based cards)
· Added Ndiswrapper 1.7
· Added ipkungfu 0.6.0
· Added chkrootkit 0.46a and rkhunter 1.2.7
· Added BashBurn
· Added Amap 5.2
· Added Etherwake 1.06
· There are a few others I'm forgetting at the moment, still need to compile an apps/tools list. The new nmap rolled out while building the iso, so that will come next release (which might be 1.0)
· Other notable changes are a new isolinux bootsplash, 1024x768x256 vga boot.