SlackEX Linux Live USB is an open source Linux distribution based on the Slackware operating system.
SlackEX uses Linux kernel 3.7.8-exton, the Xfce 4.10 desktop environment, and it's based on the Slackware 14.0 Linux operating system.
Here are some key features of "SlackEX":
· Xfce 4.10
· AbiWord 2.8.6
· GIMP 2.8.2
· Linux kernel 3.7.8
· GCC 4.7.1
· Mozilla Firefox 18.0.1
· Mozilla Thunderbird 17.0.2
· Based on Slackware 14.0
· GSlapt 0.5.3h
· GParted 0.14.1
· Live installer
· Save system changes on the USB stick automatically
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· The system is now for 64bit computers. Nowadays the IA-32 arch is more or less obsolete, at least for desktop machines, and superseded by the x86-64 architecture. I have upgraded the kernel to version 3.7.8 (3.7.8-exton).
· Kernel 3.7.8 is one of the latest available kernels from kernel.org. "My" kernel is compiled in the same way as Slackware's original kernel 3.2.29 "huge".
· Grub2 can be used as boot loader after a hard drive installation.
· All component software is upgraded to the latest available version by now - see this PACKAGES LIST (http://slackex.exton.net/slackex-14.0-64bit-installed-packages-130221.txt).
· All system changes are saved automatically directly on the USB Pen Drive in SlackEX version 130221. If you later on decide you want to install SlackEX to hard drive from the USB Pen Drive all your system changes will also be installed to the hard drive.