SkatOS is a bootable, stand-alone distribution which plays the popular German card game Skat. It fits on a single floppy or CD and uses VESA 1.1 or higher, a PS/2 or serial mouse, and generic keyboard.
- VGA Text console
- VESA 1.1 VGA graphic modes
- Ramdisk Support (with initrd)
- Serial port (standard / generic)
- Mouse (serial or PS/2)
- Keyboard support (generic only)
- Advanced Power Management BIOS Support
- PCI support (ANY PCI access mode)
- Network device support
- 3c509/3c579 support
- 3c590/3c900 series (592/595/597) "Vortex/Boomerang" support
- AMD LANCE and PCnet (AT1500 and NE2100) support
- AMD PCnet32 (VLB and PCI) support
- DECchip Tulip (dc21x4x) PCI support
- DM9102 PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter support
- EtherExpress 16 support
- EtherExpressPro/EtherExpress 10 (i82595) support
- EtherExpressPro/100 support
- Generic DECchip & DIGITAL EtherWORKS PCI/EISA
- NE2000/NE1000 support
- PCI NE2000 support
- RealTek 8129/8139 (rtl8139) support
- RealTek 8129/8139 driver (8139too) support with support for 8129
- SiS 900/7016 PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter support
- SMC EtherPower II
- TI ThunderLAN support
- Via Rhine support
- LINUX-Kernel 2.2.26
- devps.patch 9_25_2000
- uClibc 0.9.24
- BusyBox 0.60.5 (busybox cat chmod dmesg echo grep halt ifconfig init kill ln ls mknod mount msh poweroff reboot rm route sh sleep test umount)
- TinyX 4.2.1
- XSkat 4.0
- menu 2.01-bg-1.1
- SkatOSWM 1.0
- udhcpc 0.9.8
- You need at least a 386 machine (fpu not neccessary) with 10 mb ram to run SkatOS.
- You need at least a VESA 1.1 (better 2.0) compilant VGA card.
- You need a generic keyboard (USB is supported on most systems)
- You need a serial od PS/2 mouse (USB is supported on most systems)
- Supported network cards are listed below.
- The entire system runs in ram, so you can remove the floppy/cd after booting.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This version adds DHCP client support and allows much easier configuration of the network device.
· sWM has been replaced with SkatOSWM.
· The menu has been updated to automagically display the current IP address.
· Support has been added for many network cards: 3c509/3c579, 3c590/3c900, AMD LANCE and PCnet, DECchip Tulip, DM9102, EtherExpress 16, EtherExpressPro/EtherExpress 10, Generic DECchip and DIGITAL EtherWORKS, RealTek 8129/8139, SiS 900/7016, SMC EtherPower II, and TI ThunderLAN.