Semplice Linux is an open source GNU/Linux distribution based on Debian's unstable branch with the goal to provide a simple, lightweight, fast and cool environment.
The Semplice desktop is clean, it has no panel applets, no indicators, just a simple bottom panel with the window list, a tray and a clock.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· We added new artwork consisting of a new wallpaper, a new default theme, a Dark variant of it and the Faenza icon set.
New volume control and mixer:
· volumeicon has now replaced volti as the default volume control tray application. Along with this change, a new GTK+3 mixer, cymbaline, replaced volti-mixer as the default mixer for Semplice.
· compton is now shipping by default with a nice GTK+3 configuration application, paranoid.
· bricks is a new tool that permits to easily remove some resource-intensive applications (such as Bluetooth and Printing support) that in some systems are useless.
Writing on unclean partitions support in linstaller:
· Our installation program, linstaller now supports writing on unclean partitions. Please see the “Mount during the installation phase” checkbox on the Edit Partition window.
· With this release, Semplice switches to a full rolling-release model. Every “release” shares the same archives, “unstable” and “changes-unstable” (used to store changes from the stock Debian sid).
· Semplice 4 ships the GTK+ libraries version 3.6 (Debian Sid is still at 3.4).
· Semplice 4 ships pcmanfm version 1.1.0 (Debian Sid is still at 0.9.10).
· ClipIt replaces Parcellite as the default clipboard manager.
· The meta packages are now prefixed with meta- instead of the scary system-.
· All of our work is now easily available at GitHub.
· BUG FIXES!