SchilliX is an OpenSolaris based distribution which runs from CD and could be installed on your harddisk or onto an USB memory stick.
Here are some key features of "SchilliX":
· In 30sec fron bootmanager to multiuser login prompt (HD-boot)
· Booting from CD or USB-Stick.
· Installs to your harddisk
· Self healing Services
· all Schilly tools
· smake as /usr/ccs/bin/make
· ... more to come
What's New in This Release:
· This release has been updated to use OpenSolaris Nevada Build 92, fixes a bug in the IP Kernel implementation that caused a buffer overflow, and fixes a bug in hsfs that could cause the kernel to panic if someone attempted to mount a non-hsfs filesystem as hfsf.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This is the first Ilumos-based SchilliX release. Illumos is the Community controlled OpenSolaris Source. Illumos was created a few weeks before Oracle stopped updating the OpenSolaris source. Illumos is currently replacing the last closed-source bits with OSS.