Sabayon Linux LXDE is a Linux distribution based on Gentoo, with LXDE as its main desktop.
Dedicated to those who like order over chaos, to those who like simplicity over complexity, to those who think that less is more, to those that just want more for less.
Here are some key features of "Sabayon Linux LXDE":
· Bootable Image suitable for a CD or USB thumb drive (< 700Mb)
· Linux 2.6.34 Desktop kernel w/Tuxonice and AUFS support
· LXDE 0.5.0 Desktop Environment
· NetworkManager 0.8 as default networking tool
· Out of the box NTFS support via NTFS-3G
· Mozilla Firefox 3.6.6
· Basic VirtualBox Guest integration
· Very fast installation via our Live Anaconda Installer (which gained stability improvements and several new minor features)
· Very minimal setup to fit into a CD, no fancy features and drivers. Designed for low-end computers (and Windows-addicted users).
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Latest and greatest package updates from repositories (updated on November, 8 2011)
· Shipping with the Linux Kernel 3.1.0 (woot!)
· Even more lightweight, GCC is now provided by the sys-devel/gcc package, shipped separately
· ext4 filesystem as default, btrfs, encrypted filesystem support
· Installable in less than 5 minutes
· Completely customizable system after install.
· Entropy and Portage ready (giving access to thousands of installable packages)