SLAX Frodo Edition 5.1.8
SLAX Frodo edition is the console base for all other SLAX releases.
Some people prefer modified versions of SLAX, designed to provide some extra functionality. Even if SLAX is modular and allows people to extend it easily, I'm releasing these special modifications to help beginners use.
SLAX is a small bootable CD containing the Linux operating system. It runs Linux directly from the CD (or USB) without installing.
The Live CD described here is based on the Slackware Linux distribution and is downloadable from this website as an ISO image. All scripts and source code are available and can be used to build your own Live CD.
What's New in This Release:
· added KDE 3.5.4 with Slackware 11 fixes for media:/ URL in konqueror
· probeusb parameter now sleeps delay_use+1 seconds to wait for USB devices
· (this usually defaults to 6 seconds)
· fixed fuse libraries, which were missing in rc1 version
· added newest NTFS-3g beta version, NTFS writing now works, I hope