S.M.A.R.T. Linux is a bootable floppy distribution containing tool (smartmontools) for monitoring IDE/SCSI hard disks (using Self-Monitoring, Reporting and Analysis Technology).
Why floppy? Probably because all other distributions containing this useful utility are CD versions [and not everybody has a CD-ROM].
It's going to be free, small, helpful and easy to use. Current version is based on Kernel 2.4.26, uClibc 0.9.24 and BusyBox 1.00 official release. Built on Slackware 10.0.
What's New in This Release:
· BusyBox: updated to version 1.00 (official release)
· messages from BusyBox cleaned
· added e3 editor, fixdisktable, gpart, dd_rescue, disc-recovery-utils and disktype
· added basic SCSI support (you can download SCSI modules from project page)
· added selectable video mode
· added FAT & NTFS support
· added sfdisk and rescuept from util-linux-2.12a
· added fwipe and wipe for secure deleting
· updated motd
· now ramdisk is mounted properly
· binaries packed with UPX
· man pages converted to txt
· added doc script for documentation files
· cleaned echo messages
· Busybox: dd, fdformat, fdisk, grep, hdparm, sed and syncadded, vi and uptimedeleted
· INSTALL and everything related to smartddeleted