Puppeee is a Linux distribution that should work on EeePCs with Intel GMA900, GMA950, and GMA3150 graphics cards. This is most 10 inch or smaller models. There is partial support for the 1101HA/1201HA with the GMA500 using Xvesa.
List of Applications in Puppeee:
* Google Chrome
* Goggles Music Manager
* Tsclient Remote Desktop
* And many, many more....
Here are some key features of "Puppeee":
· Tiny Size - Puppeee is less than 130MB in size, small enough to run in totally RAM, without swap space, even with only 512MB of RAM.
· Fast Performance - Puppeee has no bloatware to slow down your netbook. All the default applications are light and fast. The OS is customized specifically for your processor and tuned for maximum responsiveness. Puppeee not only boots quickly - it runs quickly, even from slow media like usb drives. Your EeePC could be the fastest computer you own!
· Simple, Elegant Design - Puppy is radically simpler than competing Linux distros - a dream come true for minimalists, and beginner programmers.
· Out of the box hardware support for Eee PCs - No fiddling with drivers necessary. EeePC drivers are included and already patched and tested. Hotkeys, wireless, webcam, sound, all should work without a fuss.
· Not a cloud distro - Puppeee has an application for just about every task imaginable, and every app is available locally. A netbook can be useful, even offline.
· No need for a bootloader on your hard drive - Puppeee can run fast and comfortably on a usb stick or card. You never need to install it on your hard drive. You also have the option of copying Puppeee files to your hard drive, but continuing to use the usb card to boot, that way you never need to modify your MBR. You can use the same Puppeee usb drive on multiple EeePCs. But, if you do want to do a traditional install, you can.
· Small screen friendly - Many of Puppeee's applications are modified to fit the screen better, even 7 inch screens. Puppeee now supports both Panning and Scaling, for maximum compatibility with stubborn applications.
· SSD friendly - Puppeee can cache writes in RAM, drastically increasing the life expectancy of solid state media.
· Powersaving - Puppeee has the same powersaving features as the big distros, underclocking, fan control, suspend, hibernate, plus you can run it in RAM and power down your hard drive for maximum battery life. Puppeee's lightweight applications are easy on your CPU, which keeps your computer running cool.
· Choice of lightweight window managers and file managers - Choose IceWM, OpenBox, or Flwm. You also have a choice between ROX-Filer, LxLauncher, and PcManFM on the desktop. Many themes and backgrounds are included. Your Puppeee, your style.
· Secure and Stable - Use Puppeee as a rescue disk or for online banking. No need to store persistent data. Puppeee's read-only file systems stay free of viruses and malware.
· Friendly, Innovative Community - The Puppy Linux community is one of the friendliest, most collaborative groups on the internet. Enjoy learning more about Linux in a fun environment.