Pardus Linux is a FREE distribution funded and developed by the Scientific & Technological Research Council of Turkey.
Pardus has a range of unique features, such as Mudur, a start-up framework of Pardus to speed up the boot process, and PiSi, an efficient package management system with a user-friendly graphical interface.
Here are some key features of "Pardus Linux":
· Multilingual installer
· smaller packages, faster updates
· Package manager
· Fast start-up
· New and up-to-date applications
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Better hardware support with latest Linux kernel: 2.6.37-rc8,
· Users that have AMD and Nvidia graphics cards are now able to make selection between open source and vendor supported proprietary drivers during and after the installation,
· Hungarian and Russian language support is added,
· The network configuration utility called 'network' is ported to the new NetworkManager backend by one of our internship students Doruk Altan. So you will be able to configure your wired and wireless networks through the terminal,
· Lots of bugfixes are included in installation (YALI) and configuration (manager family) applications of Pardus,
· New binary packages are included in Pardus 2011 package repository.