Parabola GNU/Linux-libre description
A libre version of Arch Linux
Parabola GNU/Linux-libre is a project aiming to provide a fully free as in freedom Archlinux, the lightweight and flexible GNU/Linux distribution that tries to Keep It Simple.
Currently we provide the official libre packages from Arch, plus our own libre replacements when necessary, all of them optimized for the i686 and x86-64 architectures.
You can find us on IRC at irc.freenode.net/#parabola.
- First medium with Linux-libre 3.6 (3.6.2) with Atheros AR8162 (ALX driver) support, reported on issue201.
- The script boot parameter works again, reported on Archlinux Bugs.
- When booting via PXE and NFS or NBD the ISO will be copied to RAM to ensure a more stable usage.
- The live medium contains usb_modeswitch and wvdial which e.g. allows to establish a network connection using an UMTS USB dongle.
- Furthermore the newest version of systemd and netcfg are included.
- systemd is used to boot up the live system.
- initscripts are no longer available on the live system but are still installed by default on the target system. This is likely to change in the near future.
- EFI boot and setup has been simplified.
- gummiboot is used to display a menu on EFI systems.
- The following new packages are available on the live system: ethtool, fsarchiver, gummiboot-efi, mc, partclone, partimage, refind-efi, rfkill, sudo, testdisk, wget, xl2tpd.