PTS Desktop Live is a Linux distribution designed to provide a free software platform for carrying out system tests and hardware benchmarks in an automated, reproducible, and effective manner.
PTS Desktop Live is designed around the Phoronix Test Suite software with the operating system itself consisting of a stripped down Linux environment, then built upon that is the Phoronix Test Suite with its test profiles and suites. This distribution is not a standard Linux desktop with the normal throng of packages. Testing with PTS Desktop Live is intended to be via a Live DVD or Live USB (i.e. flash drive or memory card) environment.
PTS Desktop Live makes it very easy to deploy the Phoronix Test Suite across an array of systems, isolates any software differences when seeking to perform hardware comparisons, and is designed to be very easy to carry out these Linux benchmarks even for a first-time Linux user.
Here are some key features of "PTS Desktop Live":
· Test Your Computer For Stability Problems, Measure Your System's Performance
· Phoronix Test Suite 2.0 Integration
· 50+ Test Profiles / 10+ Test Suites Available On Disc
· GTK GUI For Managing The Benchmarking Process
· Share Results With Others Via Phoronix Global
· Simplified Linux Desktop
· All Benchmarking Done In A Live Environment, No Need To Install To Hard Drive
· Intel / AMD x86_64 CPU
· 2GB+ of RAM Recommended
· Internet Connection Recommended
· ATI, NVIDIA, or Intel Graphics
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Based on Phoronix Test Suite 2.4.1 with a very slim Ubuntu Lucid base and a customized Linux 2.6.33 kernel.