PLATYPUX is a French Linux operating system which allows you to take your works everywhere.
Why this name ??!! PLATYPUX is an assembly of word "Tux" (LINUX mascot) and Platypus.
The bizarre appearance of this egg-laying, venomous, duck-billed, beaver-tailed, otter-footed mammal baffled European naturalists when they first encountered it, with some considering it an elaborate fraud. It is one of the few venomous mammals; the male Platypus has a spur on the hind foot that delivers a venom capable of causing severe pain to humans(Wikipedia)
Why PLATYPUX so? With sources of LFS, BLFS, AUFS ..., and GMOs parts of some "penguins" and others, we have made a perfect GMO : a platypus.
Here are some key features of "PLATYPUX":
· Easy to use : thanks to the window manager Openbox, you will be at ease with your system environnement
· Multi-plateform : on PCs, laptops, external hard disk or USB keys (easy installation on RAID 0 available).
· Adapt it for your needs : you will get THE system which corresponds YOU by customizing the PLATYPUX DVD.
· Free : free to use, only based in free softwares.
· A lot of tools installed by default : OpenOffice, Gimp, GThumb, Xsane, Firefox, Opera, XFE, TkDVD, Peazip, JavaMPlayer... to listen to music, navigate on the Web...
· 3D acceleration available: NVIDIA with proprietaries, soon available in LZM packages
· Kernel sources available: to compile an "exotic" module. It works with UDEV AND WITHOUT HAL
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· NFS was corrected.
· Adeskbar, Lxdm, LibreOffice, GFTP, wireless firmware, and Thunderbird were added.
· Linux kernel 18.104.22.168 with AUFS/LZMA support is used.
· GIMP is installed with Xsane support.