OpenSolaris Indiana 2009.06
OpenSolaris Indiana is a binary distribution of an operating system built out of the OpenSolaris source code.
Indiana is a binary distribution of an operating system built out of the OpenSolaris source code. The distribution is a point of integration for several current projects on OpenSolaris.org, including those to make the installation experience easier, to modernise the look and feel of OpenSolaris on the desktop, and to introduce a network-based package management system into Solaris. The resulting distribution is a live CD install image, and is fully permissible to be redistributed by anyone.
- Single CD download, with LiveCD 'try before you install' capabilities
- Caiman installer, with significantly improved installation experience
- ZFS as the default filesystem
- Image packaging system, with capabilities to pull packages from network repositories
- GNU utilities in the default $PATH
- bash as the default shell
- GNOME 2.20 desktop environment
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Virtualize your Network with Crossbow
- Virtualization Support
- IP Observability
- IP Multipathing