Metamorphose Linux 7.1.8
A Linux operating system with the ultimate goal of being simple, beautiful and complete
Add it to your Download Basket!
Add it to your Watch List!
What's new in Metamorphose Linux 5:
- Version 5 Puma comes with great improvements, especially in the area of usability.
- Desktop and BOOT are clean and bring more advanced things like native support video cards ATI / AMD, Kernel 3.9, the possibility of a total system upgrade using Metamorphose - UpDate, and the option to install and update several popular programs right from Synaptic, such as Skype, Java, Flash Player, Firefox, Thunderbird, Google Family, etc..
- With the KDE 4.10.2 (stable) graphical environment the distro became more beautiful and fast. FlashPlyer and Java have automatic updates using Metamorphose - UpDate, and a new toolbar has been added in intelligent desktop mode.
- Wine - 1.5.28 Metamorphose, LibreOffice 4, PlayOnLinux, Metamorphose Anaglyph Plug-in for Compiz that turns your normal monitor into a real 3D one, and can be viewed with a "Glasses Red / Blue".
- LICENSE TYPE:
- GPL (GNU General Public License)
- OUR RATING:
- DEVELOPED BY:
- Ailton Nascimento de Matos
- USER RATING:
- ROOT \ Linux Distributions
Metamorphose Linux is an open source distribution of Linux whose main goal is to be simple, modern, complete and with a nice visual for beginners or advanced users. It uses KDE Plasma as its default and only desktop environment, and it’s designed for Spanish-speaking users.
Available only as a Live DVD for 64-bit and 32-bit platformsThe distribution is available for download from its homepage or via Softpedia, as a dual-arch Live DVD that supports both 32-bit (i386) and 64-bit (x86_64) hardware platforms.
Boot optionsBy default, the boot screen is translated in Spanish, even though it says English when pressing the F2 key. It is professionally designed and instructed to start the first boot option in 1 minute from the moment the user boots the ISO image from the BIOS of a PC, using either a USB stick or a DVD disc. In addition, there’s a failsafe option and a memory test entry on the boot menu.
Gorgeous graphical desktop environment powered by KDE PlasmaAs mentioned, the default and only graphical desktop environment of Metamorphose Linux is powered by KDE Plasma, which uses a unique taskbar located on the bottom edge of the screen, from where the user can launch his or her favorite apps, as well as system tray functions and programs, or interact with opened applications.
Default applicationsDefault applications include the VLC Media Player, GIMP image editor, Amarok audio player, Apper package manager, Mozilla Thunderbird email and news client, Dolphin file manager, Chromium web browser and LibreOffice office suite.
Bottom lineWhen compared with other distributions, we can immediately notice that Metamorphose Linux is compatible with almost all hardware components on the market, which means that it can be virtually installed on any desktop computer or laptop. We encourage everyone to try this operating system and report installation issues in the comments section!
Metamorphose Linux was reviewed by Marius Nestor, last updated on January 21st, 2015