Macpup Foxy is a minimalist desktop Linux distribution based on Puppy Linux. It uses Enlightenment as the default window manager and provides a user interface resembling that of Apple's Mac OS X.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Macpup Foxy 3.0 is based on puppylinux 4.31.1 (k188.8.131.52) a bug fix
· version by Ttuuxxx.
· It also includes all the updates from the 4.3.1 servicepack.Fox 3 has
· all the apps from 4.3 plus Firefox (updated to 3.5.4) and Gimp 2.6.3 .Fox 3 also Has
· Dbus 1.2.16 & Sakura 1.2.3 compiled and installed from source. The Enlightenment e17 window manager version .062 was also compiled and installed from source.You can also use jwm. Use the exit menu to change window managers , In e17 that is the exit icon on the desktop.Please note that not all the options in the e17 system shutdown menu work with puppy linux.That is why the exit menu was added.
· The battery module in this build of E17 had a problem of Maxing out the cpu.So
· I removed it in Fox 3.I have added a script to check battery status .
· Just click on the battery icon if you are using a laptop.
· When using a pup-save file It is recommended that you copy the zp430305.sfs to
· the partition or drive that you have the pup-save file to make sure all of your
· drivers are loaded.
· The included e17 theme,A Wood, is By Verdegal37 and was customized for Macpup.